Friday, February 29, 2008

I Suppose I Have to Thank Gabe and Tycho for This One

At Antietam, when I have this uber cute exchange:

Two boys come in with their grandmother. The youngest, who's like 3 or 4, looks up at me (I'm quite tall, probably mind-blowingly so for a little kid) and this look of awe comes over him.

Little Kid: (Still awe-struck) "Are you a policeman?"

Grandma: (Kinda laughing at her grandchild) "No...no, he's not a policeman"

Me: (Realizing my great, and probably only, chance to use a line out of "Penny Arcade" in real life) "That's right, I'm a Libraryman." (Note: it's pronounced mostly like "Librarian," just fudge on the last syllable.)

LK: (As if this explanation makes all the sense in the world, and even more spellbound) "OOOOooooohhhhhhh!"

Yeah, it was beyond precious. So it looks that my reading of that webcomic actually paid off.

1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

I love that cool moments where being a librarian gets us an occasional, "ooohhh." :)