Monday, November 26, 2007

A Long Time Ago in a Library Far, Far Away

At the Paradise Plaza branch, where a dude comes in to get a library card. I give him the required forms and ask for his ID, as per regulations. I notice his middle name, "Kenobi." I thought that was kind strange. And then his first name, "Obi-Wan."

Yes, his real name was Obi-Wan Kenobi Smith. I asked if that was his birth name or if he got his named changed. He informed me that it indeed was the name he was born with. He was born in July of 1980. I think it's pretty clear what movie his parents were watching that summer.

(Note: His name wasn't actually Obi-Wan Kenobi Smith, his name has been changed to protect his privacy. But I swear it was another easily idenifiable "Star Wars" name.)

2 comments:

Monster Librarian said...

Oh God I hope it was Chewbacca!! Please tell me it was Chewbacca!! That was the name of my first (brown in color) car! My second guess is C3PO!

Monster Librarian said...

I think I figured it out...and I laughed so hard when I did. :) Happy Friday!