Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Actual Questions to the Reference Desk #3

At the Longshore branch, which is pretty close to the New Belfast branch. I have no idea why two library branches were built so close together, but hey, it is what it is.

Angry looking woman with three kids under the age of 4 hanging on her storms up to the references desk.

ALWw3K: "Excuse me, where is the job application section on Walmart.com? I can't find it!"

Me: (making small talk as i try and pull up the walmart website) "I have no idea right off the top of my head. I'm not too familiar with that site. Lemme see if I can check on it"

ALWw3K: (Rolls her eyes as she storms off even angrier) "I THOUGHT this was a library!"

I suppose she excepts us to know everything about every internet site ever. I mean, we are the library, right?

No comments: